As I had mentioned earlier, I have now conquered my last frontier of preserving: the pickle. (Well, I still haven't dried anything, but I'm okay with that. Jerky is not on my list of things to do just yet.) I selected okra for two reasons: 1. It's too late this year for kirby cucumbers, which I gather are the best to pickle. 2. Okra pickles rock my world. I just love em'. The recipe I used was pretty easy. Steps: Soak okra, pack into jars with other yummy flavors, make brine, fill and seal jars then rest, feeling accomplished. Although the aforementioned rocking of my world did not occur, rarely do I feel any of my creations are worthy of such praise. I'm too much of a perfectionist. But they were quite tasty, and I will make them again.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment