Most days, I say that I will never ever ever build a house. This is mostly because of my husbands experiences with contractors, sub-contractors, and the stressed out people who are paying them. Very few, if any, of these poor souls have had an overall positive experience (with the exception of my husbands work, of course. and i'm not at all biased...)
However, I would build this house in a heartbeat. It is officially my dream home.

I saw it a while back as Southern Living and Progressive Farmer's Idea House, and I of course fell in love with it. I ran into it again one day as I was reading up about New Ruralism, a movement similar and yet very different to New Urbanism. It incorporates methods of energy efficiency that even our ancestors would recognize; most notably the dog trot!! If you want to look it up you can go to Progressive Farmer's website and click on idea houses.
It doesn't hurt the appeal of this house that this is the view from the front.

I'm saving these things in building my case towards investing in some farmland. It will be a difficult case to win seeing as the city boy thinks where we live is "the center of the universe".
No comments:
Post a Comment