I was raised in a household that considered frying to be a cardinal sin. In fact, I re-gifted the fry daddy we received as a wedding gift because I just knew we would never use it. But after a phenomenal dinner at a friends house, sin or not, I knew I needed a deep fryer. Fortunately, my in-laws were willing to part with their fry daddy for a trial period. So far, I think I'm in love.
What pushed me over the edge were fish tacos. If you know me at all or have ever been out to dinner with me, there is a high probability we went to the cantina! for fish tacos. I love love love them. So imagine my delight when served a homemade version with some delicious sweet potato fries. They were amazing. Honestly, the best I've ever tasted. I think the secret was in the chipotle sauce. Whatever it was, I knew I had to copy. The fish tacos turned out great. My fries however, were not so good (I couldn't get them crispy enough without burning them). So I tried again with chips, much better.
And now that the secret's out I'll share it with you:
tilapia first coated in egg then rolled in panko.
fry until brown.
cut sweet potato into thin slices.
fry until crisp. then salt.
amazing sauce=one part mayo, one part sour cream with enough adobo sauce from the canned chipotles to flavor to your liking. I used about 2 small spoonfuls.
optional add ins: cilantro, avacado, lime, ect.
schmere sauce on tortilla, add fish and topings of your choice.
enjoy.
AMAZING. Thanks friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment