Yesterday, I got a wild hair and decided to try a random quick recipe to surprise my husband for a welcome home snack. We were running a little low on groceries, but I did have bread and eggs. I made one eyed jacks (from Fresh Every Day by Sara Foster--also where the photo came from. i forgot to take a picture, we were to busy eating).
Basically, you cut out a hole in a piece of bread. Melt 1 teaspoon each butter and olive oil in a skillet and coat both sides of bread with the mixture. As you are browning one side, crack an egg into the hole. Cook about 1 minute and FLIP. Brown on other side to to your liking of the toast and egg doneness. Finish with salt and pepper as well as parsley if you wish.
Simple and delicious. It was the perfect afternoon snack.
Lets just say my husband got up this morning and made 2 more...and another for lunch.
*we made them again this week. my husband now says that they are his specialty...yea, he's pretty adorable. this time i took pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment