Once I learned how to make homemade mozzarella, I really wanted to make a pizza from scratch. Yesterday I did it, except the pepperoni, and it turned out much better than expected. The dough was pretty easy thanks to the dough hook on my mixer that kneads for you. The tomato sauce really couldn't have been easier,
and the tomatoes (which of course just look sad this time of year) get that summertime flavor from roasting in the oven. After that just a quick puree in the food processor with some garlic, red pepper, and oil and it's done! None of that day long simmering on the stove!! And of course the cheese, care of my mozzarella kit from the "Cheese Queen" herself. Our friends said I should open my own pizza place, my husband said it was much better than the fancy pizza place at pepper place. I'm just glad it was edible! Next time, I'm going to try to make my own sausage to go along with it, then it really will be all from scratch. I didn't take pictures of the finished product because we were too busy eating them, but we are making what was left over tonight, so hopefully I'll be able to add one in.
No comments:
Post a Comment