It all started as a feed trough from Tractor Supply Co. Forty pounds of gravel and twelve cubic feet of dirt later, that giant empty tank was transformed into a garden! I have been so pleased with its performance that I think I might have to get another one so I can double my production in time for summer. Plus, it just looks so darn cute.
Here is this winter's roster:
1. mixed lettuce for salads 2. collard greens 3. mustard greens
As I had previously mentioned, we have already harvested a few salads (so, the lettuce has already paid for itself) and will soon be cooking some greens (and, yes dad, you will be notified). But first, I'll need to locate a ham hock...
By the way, if anyone has any tips on harvesting the collards or mustard, let me know. This has been my first adventure with these veggies, and I really want to enjoy them to their fullest (ie: not kill them).
1 comment:
I want a salad!
Post a Comment