Wednesday, March 19, 2008

scratch that

I love making things from scratch. I even love making ingredients for a "from scratch" recipe from scratch. (Remember the pizza post!) It makes me feel so much more accomplished when I put the meal on the table. That being said, sometimes a good shortcut can make a busy week a little brighter. These cinnamon rolls took exactly 5 mins to prep. WOW! The secret? Frozen bread dough! I didn't even know this existed! I saw Giada DeLaurentis make Italian style cinnamon rolls with it, but I just made regular ones. I won't lie, the "from scratch" kind are better (as they should be) but these are delicious too! and I bet Giada's version is even better than mine.

Step one: Roll out dough into rectangle roughly 1/4th inch thick.
Step two: Scmear dough with melted butter (amount at your discretion, I used about 1.5 tablespoons) and sprinkle liberally with brown sugar and cinnamon.
Step three: Roll up jelly roll style and cut into one inch slices and place on baking sheet. Place in warm spot to let rise until double. (20-30 minutes)

Bake at 350 degrees for 15ish mins.

No comments: